Being the most fascinating and dream country, UAE is also a perfect destination to grab the best career opportunities. People from all around the world tend to move to the UAE to take their careers to the next level. Thousands of expats have already set up their career in UAE so far, and the number still continuously increases every year!
Whether you want to do a job or set up your own business, the UAE is the most convenient place for you. But wait! If you’re living in the UAE for employment purposes, an employment visa is a must, no matter what your nationality is.
An employment visa is a conclusive document that legalizes your stay in the UAE. Though the UAE government has streamlined the process of acquiring and cancelling an employment visa, you must be aware of every single aspect, from getting a visa to its cancellation process. Isn’t it?
If you quit your job at a UAE-based mainland company, it becomes necessary to cancel your visa. However, the transfer is possible if you work in any free zone company.
So, today with this article, we will exhaustively guide you on what is an employment visa and the complete process of UAE employment visa cancellation.
So, let’s plunge into them!
What is Employment Visa in UAE
An employment visa is one of the important types of UAE visas that the UAE government issues to proficient and competent professionals and others who are currently working with UAE-based companies or hired by such companies or organizations.
UAE Visa Cancellation Process
Only the employer company has the right of the Employee visa cancellation. Employee himself can’t proceed for the same. The employee whose visa is going to be cancelled is just required to sign his visa cancellation application that declares that the employee has received his complete wages and the end-of-service benefits.
The very first step of Dubai visa cancellation involves work permit cancellation. No employer can apply for their employee’s visa cancellation without cancelling an employee’s work permit.
Today most of the companies in the UAE do the employees’ visa cancellation process through the online MOHRE portal through the establishment card. However, if the company doesn’t have an online account, they can process the visa cancellation through Tas’heel Centres.
After cancelling the work permit, employers can now apply for the employee visa cancellation with GDRFA online portal.
Documents Required For Employment Visa Cancellation UAE
The cancellation process of the Dubai (UAE) visa asks for the below-mentioned documents:
- Original passport
- Copy of labour card/work permit
- Original E-signature card of authorized signatory
- Trade licence copy
- Copy of labour establishment card
- Copy of immigration establishment card
- Separate typed applications for labour and immigration departments
- Signature of the employee on the cancellation form that indicates the clearance statement of all financial liabilities of the company towards its employee
- Original signatory card (for labour cancellation)
- Visa copy
- Original Emirates ID
Steps By Step Guidance To Cancel Employment Visa in UAE
- The very first step is to type an application for labour card cancellation from the Tas’heel centre. At this step, the company seal is also required.
- If the UAE locale sponsors the person, then the sponsor’s signature is also required through an E-signature card.
- Now it’s time to pay AED 103 at Tas’heel centre as a part of the labour card cancellation process.
- The labour card cancellation application is incomplete without the employee’s signature as it indicates that the employee has received all dues and entitlements from the company.
- The employee shouldn’t sign the application form unless he/she receives the dues yet.
- The labour card cancellation application form is then submitted to the Tas’heel centre paying AED 103 there.
- This is how one can complete the labour card cancellation process at Tas’heel.
- Now it’s time to cancel the employment visa, which the employer can do through the AMER centre or GDRFA online portal.
- Two things are considered while paying visa cancellation fees; i.e., whether the applicant is in UAE or outside UAE.
- If the applicant is inside UAE, he has to pay AED 186 or AED 266 in case he is outside UAE.
- If the employer company has the user ID and password of the GDRFA online portal, he can do the visa cancellation process through the typing centre paying AED 107, which excludes the typing fees. It means the company has to pay typing charges in addition to the visa cancellation fees.
Time Required For Employment Visa Cancellation UAE
It takes around 3 business days to cancel an employee’s visa and labour in the case of a mainland company. However, if the employee is working in any free zone company, it might take upto 5 to 7 business days.
Labour Card & Visa Cancellation Fees
Labour Card Cancellation Fees
The UAE government doesn’t charge anything to cancel the labour card of the employee except the service charge, which is around 206 AED to the Tas’heel centre. The Employer needs to make the payment of the labour card cancellation service charge through his eDirham card.
eDirham card is easily available at any branch of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi or Aafaq Islamic Finance Company counter at Thas’heel branches. If the employer doesn’t have an eDirham card, he can purchase it from either place.
UAE Visa Cancellation Fees
Generally, the charges for the employee visa cancellation in UAE is 103 AED. The company has to pay the cancellation charges through the its Noqodi wallet. You must consider one thing here i.e. the visa cancellation fee doesn’t consist of the typing charges, and the employer must pay it separately.
Apart from that, the employer should have the user ID and password, for login into the GDRFA online portal.
The visa cancellation can also proceed through the typing centre. You don’t need to visit the immigration counter separately.
In the case of the online visa cancellation process, there is no requirement for a cancellation stamp, as the online system automatically updates and represents it.
Finding The Best Employment Visa Cancellation Services in UAE?
The visa cancellation is a tedious task in UAE as it asks for numerous documents and involves a long procedure. Therefore, hiring the best UAE visa cancellation service provider is advisable to streamline the entire process without any hindrance.
If you are also looking for the best place to acquire visa cancellation services in the UAE, BusinessLinkUAE is the ultimate answer! Yes, we have a team of professional PROs having years of experience in this field. Our team of professionals are waiting for your requisites. So feel free to get in touch with us today!