The United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) are countries in the Middle East. Both are known for their rich cultural heritage, modern infrastructure, and oil reserves. The UAE, with its bustling cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, is known for its tourist attractions and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
On the other hand, KSA is the birthplace of Islam and is home to the two holiest sites in the religion: Mecca and Medina. Recently, KSA has opened up many business, tourism, and real estate opportunities – changing the nation’s dynamic. Both countries are important regional players with strong economies and a growing global influence.
If you want to live, work, study, or simply visit one of the two economies, you’re in the right palace. In this blog, we’ll discuss the visa processes of both countries. Despite their brotherly relations and commonalities, there are key differences in visa services in KSA and the UAE. They follow.
The visa services in KSA and the UAE vary in several key ways, which are:
The eligibility criteria for obtaining visa services in the UAE and KSA can vary based on the type of visa and the applicant’s nationality. Some nationalities may require a sponsor or a specific visa to enter the country.
The documentation required for visa services in the UAE and KSA can differ, with some common requirements including a passport, passport-sized photos, and a visa application form. In addition, the UAE requires a police clearance certificate, while KSA requires a health certificate.
The processing time for visa applications in the UAE and KSA can vary, with the time taken to process a visa application depending on the type of visa and the applicant’s nationality.
The fees for visa applications in the UAE and KSA can also differ, with the cost of a visa depending on the type of visa, the duration of stay, and the applicant’s nationality.
Submit your visa application through the country’s embassy, consulate, or an approved visa processing agency.
Types of Visas:
The types of visas offered in the UAE and KSA can also differ, with options for work visas, tourist visas, visit visas, and more. Below is a list of the most common types of visas issued in both countries.
The different types of visa services in the UAE:
- Tourist Visa: Issued for individuals traveling to the UAE for leisure or tourism purposes. This visa can be valid for a period of up to 60 days.
- Visit Visa: Issued for individuals traveling to the UAE to visit friends or family, attend business meetings or events, or for medical treatment. This visa can be valid for up to 90 days.
- Golden Visa: Launched recently, this is a 10-year visa to live in the UAE.
- Transit Visa: Issued for individuals who pass through the UAE on their way to another destination. This visa can be valid for a period of up to 96 hours.
- Work Visa: Issued for individuals going to the UAE to work, study, or conduct research. This visa requires a sponsor, either an individual or a company.
- Residence Visa: For individuals who plan to reside in the UAE for longer. This visa requires a sponsor and can be valid for up to three years.
- Retirement Visa: This visa is for individuals who are 55 years of age or older and wish to retire in the UAE. This visa requires a monthly income and a deposit in a local bank.
The different types of visas in KSA:
- Tourist Visa: Issued for individuals traveling to KSA for leisure or tourism purposes.
- Business Visa: For entrepreneurs, business owners, and investors traveling to KSA for business or investment purposes.
- Work Visa: For individuals traveling to KSA for employment purposes.
- Family Visa: Issued for the dependents of an individual who holds a work or business visa in KSA.
- Umrah Visa: This visa is specific to individuals who wish to perform the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Student Visa: Issued for individuals traveling to KSA to study at an educational institution.
- Medical Visa: Anyone traveling to KSA specifically for medical treatment needs this.
Overall, it is important to familiarize yourself with the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining a visa in the UAE or KSA before applying. It is also recommended to consult with PRO experts for the most up-to-date information.
How can PRO services help?
PRO services can help individuals gather the necessary documentation for their visa application, including passport copies, photographs, and any additional supporting documents required by the immigration authorities.
PRO services can assist with the visa application process, including submitting the application to the appropriate authorities and ensuring that it is complete and correct.
PROs can follow up on the visa application status and keep the individual updated on its progress.
By utilizing PRO services, individuals can streamline the visa application process, reduce the risk of delays or rejections, and ensure that their application is handled professionally and efficiently.