The expat population in the UAE is increasing. Especially in Dubai, approximately 85% of the population are foreigners. Most of the population resides in the Emirate to take advantage of the lucrative business opportunities. With various foreigners around, there are numerous business opportunities at your disposal. When you work in the country, you can sponsor your family, for which you need to apply for a family visa. Let us discuss how you can get it and the importance of having a family visa.
What is a family visa in UAE?
A family visa allows residents to sponsor their family members – only immediate family members. Therefore, they can sponsor siblings, parents, and children. The sponsored members will get a residence visa with which they can live and work in the UAE.
The validity of the visa is around three years. It is a renewable visa and is one great option to settle in the country. If you are applying for a family visa in the UAE, you will need to consider various things like the one who is sponsoring your visa should be a citizen or resident of the UAE.
If the visa holder is eligible to work in the UAE, they must also get a work permit from the Ministry of Labor. They will also have the option to study in the UAE. Although you will not need to have a student visa, you need to register with the Ministry of Education
UAE Family Visa Requirements
If you want family residence visa approval, you need to meet various conditions. It is important that you take care and follow the rules and regulations for the same. These rules and regulations have come into effect in March 2016. The new laws have helped a lot in simplifying the entire process.
- The minimum salary for applying for a family residence visa in the UAE should be around AED 4000.
- The size of the rented property should be the same as that of the size of the family.
- If your family lives outside the UAE, you will initially need to apply for an entry residence visa. Once they arrive, you will have a timeline of 30 days to complete the residence visa process.
- However, if an expat woman wants to sponsor her husband, she should have a minimum income of AED 10,000. However, if she wishes to sponsor her children a minimum income of AED 3000 is accepted.
Documents for family visa
There are various legal processes that you need to follow. The different departments will require you to submit different documents. This is to ensure you can easily apply for the residence family visa.
Given below are all the documents that you need to submit for a family visa:
- An original application form
- Emirates ID
- Attested tenancy contract
- Original marriage certificate from Foreign Affairs in the UAE
- Three passport-size photos of family members
- Bank statement for the last three months and the International Bank Account Number of sponsors
- Original birth certificate of children attested by the UAE Embassy and Foreign Affairs in UAE
- Medical certificate for spouse and children over 15 years of age
- Photocopy and original passport of all family members
Important Points to Remember
When it comes to applying for a family visa in the UAE, you need to apply to different authorities. The authorities may significantly vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
You also need to be careful of the necessary documents. The department will be verifying the documents and then provide the approval. There are other department services to consider too. When you apply for a family residence visa in the UAE, given below are the important points that you will need to consider:
- The process for parents’ visas is different. You need to be aware of the minimum salary that you will need to sponsor parents.
- The family members living on residence visas will not be leaving for consecutive six months. If they tend to do so, it will be invalidating the visa.
UAE Family Visa opening date
The opening date refers to the timeframe within which you will be eligible for applying for the family visa. If you are a resident sponsor, you will have a timeframe of 60 days to apply for the dependent’s visa. The sixty days will begin from the day you modify the status from entry permits to becoming a resident. After that, you will have the option to apply for a family visa at the local GDRFA office.
Should you outsource the visa process?
While it may seem easy, it is crucial that you are aware of the entire process. Making one simple mistake too can lead to huge problems. Rather than trying to do it on your own, you should get it done by professionals. There are several reasons why outsourcing visa processing can be helpful. Some of the common benefits of outsourcing the Dubai visa process include the following:
- The visa service will guarantee you peace of mind
- There are higher chances of approval
- They will help you save money
- They will help save time
Professionals like PRO services in Dubai will help you with the entire process of a family residence visa. You should be aware of the basics, and they will take care of the rest. You may check with them about the availability and move ahead accordingly.